Ever wanted to make something that was practical and could be flaunted as well?
You are in luck today, because today’s post is about making polymer clay Indian earrings.
- Polymer clay in black, blue, red, green, yellow and other colours.
- wire/ eye pins
- micro marbles (optional)
- Earring hooks
- Long nose Pliers
- Glaze (optional)
- Rolling pin
1.Roll out the black clay to about 1/2 of an inch.
2. Cut out two teardrops from it.
3. Roll out many coils and balls of different colours.
4. Stick the coils on gently in a symmetrical pattern.
5.Fill the empty spaces with the balls using a needle. Take care not to squash the design.
6. Continue until desired fullness is achieved.( occasionally also add micro marbles)
7. Make 2 loops out of wire or simply use eye pins.
check this beadaholique video for a really good guide on how to do this- How to make eye pins
8. Insert on at the top of the teardrop and one at the bottom.
9. Get ready to do it all again!
10. Put the pieces in the oven and bake at 110 degrees for 30 minutes.
11.After baking is done, attach an earring hook to the top loop by opening it and connecting the two loops. You might find this video helpful- How to attach earring hooks
12. Put a bead in a headpin and make a loop at the top of the bead. Attach this to the bottom loop. This creates a dangle piece hat looks absolutely beautiful. You might find this video helpful- How to add loops on top of beads.
Your earrings are now complete. Get ready to flaunt them!